November 1, 2014
According to this story in the Huffington Post, an arm patch prevents a hangover.
If you’re as hungover as we are this holiday weekend, we’ve got some good news: There’s a hangover patch out there that actually seems to work.
HuffPost Weird News launched an investigation this week into the hangover patch, mainly because we like to test out random products that are sent to us and make fun of them when they don’t work. Using the oh-so-scientific process of trying a Bytox Hangover Patch once, with no further testing, we concluded that a little patch really can curb the splitting headache that usually comes with a night of excess.
Follow us on a journey that ended after eight beers, one whiskey, two shots and a lot of shame (and note that we don’t condone binge drinking — this was a completely journalistic endeavor).
October 15, 2014
Hot woman who sleeps
Sleep is tremendously important for well being.
The Harvard Women’s Health Watch suggests six reasons to get enough sleep:
- Learning and memory: Sleep helps the brain commit new information to memory through a process called memory consolidation. In studies, people who’d slept after learning a task did better on tests later.
- Metabolism and weight: Chronic sleep deprivation may cause weight gain by affecting the way our bodies process and store carbohydrates, and by altering levels of hormones that affect our appetite.
- Safety: Sleep debt contributes to a greater tendency to fall asleep during the daytime. These lapses may cause falls and mistakes such as medical errors, air traffic mishaps, and road accidents.
- Mood: Sleep loss may result in irritability, impatience, inability to concentrate, and moodiness. Too little sleep can also leave you too tired to do the things you like to do.
- Cardiovascular health: Serious sleep disorders have been linked to hypertension, increased stress hormone levels, and irregular heartbeat.
- Disease: Sleep deprivation alters immune function, including the activity of the body’s killer cells. Keeping up with sleep may also help fight cancer.