January 20, 2012
Dr. Lawrence Britt analyzed the following regimes: Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy, Franco’s Spain, Salazar’s Portugal, Papadopoulos’s Greece, Pinochet’s Chile, and Suharto’s Indonesia. While, they constitute a mixed bag of national identities, cultures, developmental levels, and history, they all followed the fascist or protofascist model in obtaining, expanding, and maintaining power. Further, all these regimes have been overthrown, so a more or less complete picture of their basic characteristics and abuses is possible.
Analysis of these seven regimes reveals fourteen common threads that link them in recognizable patterns of national behavior and abuse of power. These basic characteristics are more prevalent and intense in some regimes than in others, but they all share at least some level of similarity.
- Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism.
- Disdain for the importance of human rights.
- Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause.
- The supremacy of the military/avid militarism.
- Rampant sexism.
- A controlled mass media.
- Obsession with national security.
- Religion and ruling elite tied together.
- Power of corporations protected.
- Power of labor suppressed or eliminated.
- Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts.
- Obsession with crime and punishment.
- Rampant cronyism and corruption.
- Fraudulent elections.
December 31, 2016
Protest Trump’s Inauguration
Trump is not our legitimate president. He was aided by Russia in the election, committed fraud and bribery, and is a sexual predator. He lies 73% of the time! With his business conflicts of interest, he’ll be violating the Constitution the moment he’s sworn in.
Here is a partial list of what we can do to stop Trump from taking office, or at least disrupt the inauguration. I’ll be adding to the list as we get closer.
Note: Check the laws in your state before engaging in political activities. I am not responsible for any legal repercussions that may arise out of any of these actions. That said, our new president is a criminal and should be in prison. Laws don’t seem to mean anything when you’re wealthy.
Resistance activities (pronounced ree-zis-TAWNZ)
- Join the protests on January 20th. See disruptj20.org and other sites for more information. Protests will be occurring across the country. The 20th is on a Friday, so we can keep it going well into the night.
- Disrupt the parade. Bush’s ceremony was halted when protesters pelted his limousine with eggs and banged on it. We can do even better with Trump.
- Bring a 20,000 watt PA system (or whatever is available) to the inauguration grounds and blast out derogatory comments about Trump. Exercise your 1st Amendment rights.
- Go to Trump properties and scream at his tenants and patrons the way pro-lifers do at abortion clinics.
- Use a drone to fly banners over the ceremony. Or if you’re mechanically and electrically inclined, rig up a system to drop water balloons from a drone onto the heads of Trump personnel. That would be a hoot! LOL! Use your imagination, but don’t get caught.
- Protest in front of establishments that openly supported Trump. Disrupt their businesses.
- Tell your right-wing neighbor to fuck off any time you see him.
- Arm yourself — especially if you’re a minority. Things are getting ugly, and they’re only going to get worse.
- Protest at right-wing churches.
Fight back. We can’t let our country turn into a fascist totalitarian regime.
March 4, 2015
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – Police say a 3-year-old Coffee County boy has shot his 18-month-old brother in the head.
The Coffee County Sheriff’s Department said the toddler shot the infant with a .25-caliber automatic pistol in a home Tuesday afternoon in the community of Hillsboro, which is about 70 miles southeast of Nashville.
March 2, 2015
HARRIS COUNTY, Texas – A 5-year-old boy shot and critically injured his 6-year-old brother at their home in east Harris County, deputies said Monday.
Relatives say the young brothers loved to play cops and robbers.
“He may have picked up the wrong weapon thinking that it was a toy,” said Thomas Gray, an uncle. “But this weapon was not a toy and it was a real gun and he actually pointed it at my other nephew and fired it.”
Guess they had a bunch of guns laying around and the boy accidentally picked it up and shot his brother. It could have happened to anyone!
… and more …
March 2, 2015
A 4-year-old fatally shot himself Sunday morning with a gun he found at his babysitter’s house in north Harris County, officials said.
Relatives said the boy’s mother, Ashley Beal, had left him overnight with a babysitter so she could celebrate her birthday. Authorities aren’t sure how Codrick Beal found the gun in the home in the 1900 block of Imperial Stone Drive.
EMS returned after noon to pick up the Beal’s babysitter, who collapsed on the concrete road in front of her home, suffering convulsions as she sobbed in grief. Relatives on the scene said she was a long-time friend of Ashley Beal.
March 2, 2015
The boy retrieved a handgun from his mother’s purse and shot his parents.
March 2, 2015
The boy received a .22 caliber rifle for his birthday and shot his sister, Caroline Sparks, while playing with the gun.
“It was God’s will. It was her time to go, I guess,” the grandmother told WLEX. “I just know she’s in heaven right now and I know she’s in good hands with the Lord.”
Apparently, God wanted the little girl dead. What an ass.
NY Times article
March 2, 2015
A three year old boy found his parent’s gun and shot himself in the head. Investigators say the boy found the gun in a purse located on a shelf. He has died from his injuries. A grand jury will determine if the parents will face any charges.