Let’s look at a few recent events…
* Right-wingers believe that since ACORN has been accused of crimes, they are guilty of crimes, and should be prevented from being awarded any government contracts. In other words, right-wingers are ready to give up the Fifth Amendment to the Constitution which guarantees no one shall be deprived of life, liberty, or property without due process of the law.
* Right-wingers believe the government should be able to tell a woman what she can do with her body when carrying a fetus.
* Right-wingers believe the government should determine who should be able to get married and who shouldn’t based on sexual preference.
* Right-wingers believe the government should determine who should remain on life support systems — not the legal guardian. (Remember Terri Schiavo?)
* Right-wingers believe the government should be able to indoctrinate our children with religion and devalue science in our schools.
* Right-wingers want to use our tax dollars to pay for religious symbols on public property, which violates the First Amendment.
* Right-wingers claim the Second Amendment includes all arms. Our founding fathers didn’t believe in a standing army in times of peace, but felt it necessary to guarantee the right to bear keep and bear arms for a “well regulated Militia” during the times when an army was necessary. Right-wingers don’t respect the wishes of our founding fathers.
* Right-wingers don’t mind our government spying on us, wire tapping our phones, or looking at our email in the “name of security.” The Fourth Amendment prohibits unreasonable searches and seizures.
And then we have events further back in history…
* Republicans were responsible for Prohibition, which was also known as the “Volstead Act.” Andrew Volstead was, of course, a Republican.
* Republican Senator Joe McCarthy was, of course, the face of McCarthyism, which violated the Fifth Amendment on many levels.
… or maybe right-wingers just don’t like our Bill of Rights.